Shocking As Boko Haram Terrorists Kill 30 Bandits In Kaduna – Naija News
Naija News gathered the insurgents belonging to the Ansaru group killed the bandits during a battle for supremacy last week Tuesday.
Speaking with Daily Trust on Tuesday, a resident of Birnin Gwari, Samaila Yakubu, said the crisis between the two criminal groups was a result of a disagreement.
Yakubu said the terrorists had warned the bandits from invading communities and abducting residents from their homes.
He said the bandits refused to heed the warning, which led to a clash that claimed the lives of four bandits and one member of the Boko Haram group.
Yakubu added that a reprisal attack had ensued between the two groups which climaxed with the killing of about 30 bandits last week.
Also corroborating the incident, a resident from Giwa LGA, Hassan Ibrahim, said the terrorists had restricted bandits to desist from rampant abductions, adding that the warning had not been heeded by the bandits which led to the clash.
Ibrahim said, “The killings between the two groups are ongoing but abductions are on a decline. The focus of the terrorists is now on how to get fuel and money from travellers.
“Two days ago, they ambushed my nephew along the Birnin Gwari- Zaria road on a motorcycle and they emptied his fuel tank.
“They then collected his phone and money he had on him and set him free. I believe the new security measures are working.”
Source: Naija News
Ige Olugbenga is a fine-grained journalist. He loves the smell of a good lead and has a penchant for finding out something nobody else knows. Gbenga is an alumnus of the prestigious Adekunle Ajasin University, Ondo State and The Polytechnic, Ibadan.
NANS Condemn Attack On Education, Says Its The Strongest Threat To Nationhood
Insecurity: Give Peace A Chance – Emir Of Zazzau Tells Bandits
Niger: What Boko Haram Terrorists Told Us – Council Chairman Reveals
Declare Bandits As Terrorists – House Of Reps Tells Buhari
At Least 30 Killed In Fresh Gunmen Attack In Niger State
PDP Flouted Power Rotation Provision By Allowing Jonathan To Contest In 2011 – El-Rufai
Copyright © 2021 Naija News. All rights reserved.